CYC Executive Nominations
Do you want to be part of a team representing the voice of 1.2 billion young people in the Commonwealth? Nominations are now open for the upcoming Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) 2018 elections, and will close on 31 December 2017.
The Commonwealth Youth Council is the largest and most diverse democratically elected youth-led organisation in the world, representing young people from across the Commonwealth in Asia, the Pacific, the Caribbean, the Americas, Africa and Europe. It’s the legitimate and official voice for young people from 52 Commonwealth countries.
To fit the general criteria for nomination, candidates:
- must be at least 15 years old at nomination, and be under 30 years for the entire term of office (April 2018—April 2020)
- must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a national and regional/international youth leader
- should be an experienced youth advocate
- must be national of a Commonwealth country, but do not need to be resident in that country.
The following positions are available and will be served for a two-year term:
- Vice Chairperson – Inclusion and Engagement
- Vice Chairperson – Partnerships and Resources
- Vice Chairperson – Policy and Advocacy
- Regional Representative – Africa and Europe
- Regional Representative – Asia
- Regional Representative – the Caribbean and the Americas
- Regional Representative – Pacific
- Representative – Special Interest Groups
Read the eligibility criteria, full nomination checklist, and executive responsibilities. Then, complete the online nomination form. After nomination and reference checks, approved candidates will begin their formal elections process from February 2015, leading up to the elections.
National delegates (chosen by the country’s respective National Youth Council and Youth Ministry) to the Commonwealth Youth Council General Assembly will vote on the new CYC Executive Board on Election Day, 18 April 2017 during the Commonwealth Youth Council’s General Assembly in London.
For a list of documentation for nominations and the CYC elections, including the nomination form, instructions, and job descriptions; election details and the CYC Constitution, see the https://www.mi-nomination.com/cyc
CHOGM & Commonwealth Youth Forum 2018
The elections will coincide with the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) and the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2018. Read more about the CHOGM2018.
This year’s youth forum delegates are shaping national and Commonwealth agendas on topics of particular interest to young people under the theme “Powering Our Common Future.” If you are a young person aged between 15 and 29 who would like to have your say on what the Commonwealth leaders should discuss in April, please visit www.facebook.com/Commonwealth2018 where you can leave a message or upload a video.
Any queries about attending the Commonwealth Youth Forum 2018 can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org