The “Decent Work and Labour Rights (DWLR) in East Africa, Phase 2” programme focuses on advancing the youth agenda in East African countries. As part of the programme, a baseline survey, “Youth and Employment in Dar Es Salaam”, was conducted to assess the overview of the situation of youth in relation to employment challenges and opportunities in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
The survey focused on the following aspects:
- Challenges and opportunities in running self-owned businesses.
- Labour market issues in the formal and informal sector.
- Consequences of youth underemployment and unemployment.
- Possibilities of employment in the formal and informal labour market.
- Youth employment initiatives in Dar es Salaam.
- Current youth employment policies at the national level.
The report of the baseline survey has been attached for public reference: YEID Baseline Survey Report