See the provisional 2015 provisional agenda for the CYC GA/CYF at the tail end of this post
Sub Themes of the CYF
Since one of the main objectives of the Malta Commonwealth Youth Forum 2015 is to feed directly into the agenda of the actual Heads of Government meeting, the theme chosen follows closely the main theme of the Heads of Government Summit which is,‘Adding Global Value’.
From a Youth Forum perspective the notion of the Commonwealth as a means to Adding Global Value is being challenged by asking What Next? Thus, the theme chosen for the Youth Forum; ‘ADDING GLOBAL VALUE…..#WHATNEXT?’
The Young People of the Commonwealth recognize that the Commonwealth is at a critical junction in its history and through this theme all the key players are being challenged to think concretely on the future of the Commonwealth. Young People can contribute to the setting and implementation of the Global Agenda. Today’s agenda will directly impact the future of the Young People of Today.
The youth leaders will explore the role of young people of the Commonwealth through four main agendas. Each agenda is then subdivided into different areas of discussion. The main sub themes which will be discussed are;
- Innovation and Technology: Closing The Gap: The role and contribution of Science and Technology in promoting economic growth in CW countries.
- Sustainable Employment: Re-Examining the Pathways to Sustainable Employment.
- Youth Entrepreneurship: Investing in Youth Entrepreneurship for Economic Growth.
- Disaster Risk Reduction, Resilience and Recovery: Addressing Disaster Risk Reduction and Management.
- Protection of Natural Resources: Balancing Production and Consumption Patterns with Sustainable Development.
- Climate Change: Transforming Climate Change into Relevant Opportunity for the Youth.
- Quality and Inclusive Education: Re-assessing access to Quality Education for youth.
- Health: Creating alternate pathways for accessing medical and health services.
- Youth Policy and Youth Work: Acknowledging Responsibility.
- Peace and Security: Countering the rise of global extremism.
- Social Cohesion: A shared common history.
- Human Rights: A pillar of the Commonwealth.
Apart from the sub-themes there will also be four cross cutting sessions;
Adding Global Value…..#whatnext?
Role of Young People in Achieving SDGs…
Commonwealth Charter: Article 12… #whatnext?
Climate Change- A peace & security Issue
2. Commonwealth Youth Council Executive Positions for 2015-2017
Online Nomination Form
The deadline for receipt of completed nominations has been extended until 31st July 2015 at 12:00 midnight GMT.
Confirmation of Nominee
Nominees will be confirmed based on the documents submitted, eligibility and suitability of nominee for the position nominated for.
Approved candidates will be accredited as Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) participants. Candidates must be physically present at the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) and Commonwealth Youth Council General Assembly.
Election Campaign Costs
Candidates are encouraged to limit campaign expenses, and should not spend more than £200.
Before completing your nomination form, please read the following:
- Commonwealth Youth Council Constitution
- Commonwealth Youth Council Electoral Regulations 2015
- Commonwealth Youth Forum 2015 proposed themes
- Commonwealth Youth Council Nomination Form and Instructions 2015
Nominations have now closed.
Please contact the CYC.
Commonwealth Youth Council
**Download the agenda HERE.