The Commonwealth Youth Council would like to extend an invitation to you to apply to the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF) that will be held next April in London.
The theme of CYF 2018 is “Powering our Common Future” which ties in with CHOGM’s theme “Toward a Common Future”. CYF will take place from 16-18 April 2018, alongside the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) and will entail discussions on the challenges faced by young people.
500 youth leaders across the Commonwealth will be chosen to attend CYF; the eligibility criteria include:
1. Be a recognised member of a national youth-led body, or represent a youth organisation or special interest group.
2. Applicants must be aged between 18-29 years old.
3. Demonstrate an interest in global and Commonwealth issues and working with other young people towards the success of local, regional youth organisations, as well as the Commonwealth Youth Council and its continuation.
4. Be committed to working in their respective countries with youth leaders, young people, youth organisations and special interest group as part of the preparatory work prior to attending and after the forum. This includes disseminating learnings and engaging with the Commonwealth Youth Council and other stakeholders to assist implement outcomes from the forum.
5. Be dedicated to strengthening dialogue between young people of the Commonwealth.
Registration closes on January 2, 2018.
Don’t miss this precious opportunity to have your say in the future of young people!
For more information on the application, click here: http://thecommonwealth.org/media/news/commonwealth-invites-young-people-take-part-major-forum