The Commonwealth Youth Gender Equality Network (CYGEN) is a youth led, and focused network which actively promotes and supports the meaningful inclusion of youth voices on gender equality issues in local, national, regional, Commonwealth and international agendas.
CYGEN seeks to improve the position of young people, and advocate for increased youth engagement and participation in existing structures, processes and governance. CYGEN affords young people the opportunity to voice their concerns on gender equality issues that not only affect them, but that impact the variety of communities in which they live. Our Objectives:
- To ensure youth voices (from the commonwealth, and beyond) are represented in national, regional, Commonwealth, and international agendas and forums on gender equality issues.
- To advocate for the development and implementation of policies which promote the well being of all young people.
- To provide a space for young people living in the Commonwealth to share information and experiences related to gender equality
- To conduct research by youth, on youth issues from a gender equality perspective
- To provide technical advice on how to mainstream youth voices into the development of programmes
- To engage with existing networks, advocacy efforts, and campaigns to increase the visibility of youth perspectives.
Here is our gender 5 agenda. All members in this group are expected to respect CYGEN values. Disrespect to CYGEN values would result in removal from membership.https://www.thercs.org/assets/Press-Releases/Royal-Commonwealth-Society-CYGEN-Day-5.pdf