The committee, together with key partners implemented a mental health campaign across the two regions which sought to open discussions and raise awareness on mental health issues. This campaign commenced online in 2019 and ended in person during the later part of 2019 and early 2020
This campaign was held on the 7th of December 2019 at the Internally Displaced Persons Camp Durumi, Abuja- Nigeria in Partnership with Mentally Aware Nigeria Initiative (MANI)
This campaign was held on the 11th of October 2019 at the Adventist preparatory and Junior High School in Kumasi, GHANA. It was held in partnership with Medical Students from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
This campaign was held on the 10th of October 2019 at the St. Joseph Comprehensive College, Yaounde with a total of 640 student
Aims and Objectives
- Raise awareness on mental health issues across Africa and Europe.
- Increase awareness of the support services available.
- Open conversations between mental health experts and young people with mental health issues.
- Encourage people to share their stories, so that others may do the same, seek medical help and inspire hope to others who have mental health issues.
- Bring out a change in attitudes about mental health to the public at large.
- Raise awareness about mental health and ensure early detection of mental illnesses.
- Influence change of policy and services offered in mental health facilities.
- Raise young people’s voices on mental health and influence the creation of a fairer world for people living with mental illnesses.
- Inspire hope to young people living with mental illnesses through the various stories shared by other mental health survivors and the affected.