Announcement of the shortlisted candidates for 2018-2020 Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) Elections.
The CYC is pleased to announce the list of successful candidates who were competitively selected to stand for election for the various executive positions in the CYC.
Large number of nominations were received and the selection process was based on the stated qualification criteria. The CYC appreciate all the nominated candidates for their interest in representing the young people of the Commonwealth through the Commonwealth Youth Council.
All nominations were reviewed in accordance with electoral regulations guidelines by the Returning Officer and an independent Electoral Board. All the accepted candidates are subject to their confirmation to the CYC that they are able to attend the CYC General Assembly to be held on 18th April 2018, in London, UK that will be held alongside the Commonwealth Youth Forum (CYF); 16-18 April 2018.
We would like to encourage all the selected candidates to contact their National Youth Council (or National Youth Led Organisation) and the Ministry (or department) of youth and inform them of their candidacy.
Campaigning officially begins from today and ends 24 hours before the polls open at the General Assembly. Please refer to the elections regulations for more information of how candidates are to conduct their campaigns. Campaigns should be respectful in accordance with the Electoral Regulations. We encourage candidates to use social media and other platforms for campaigns.
The link below leads to the dedicated online election marketing page for candidates with their manifestos, profiles and photos.
- The election day will be18th April 2018.
- Elections will be held during the CYC General Assembly day.
- All Voting will be via a secure website.
- There is only one vote per country.
- During the Commonwealth Youth Forum and General Assembly, candidates will present their manifestos and field questions from the delegates including online participants.
- Candidates are encouraged to review the CYC Draft Constitution, other information about Commonwealth and young people.
- The official handing over will take place in July 2018
We thank you in advance for your cooperation on this important matter.
Once again, congratulations to the selected candidates.
Follow this link for the list of the candidates, their profiles and manifestos: